Monday 20 June 2016

24 hours fasting...?

Well it was more like 25 hours without food.
I drank plenty of water on the side ^^

So basically, I was a bit dim and decided to do it on a day when work was busy and I was extremely busy working on the shop floor... But at the same time, I have come to learn that distractions are key to anything.

On the 17th June, I started my fast at 6:30pm, from which I started to count down 24 hours.

I didn't eat dinner that day because I didn't feel like it, but I started my fast after a bag of Proper Corn (my absolute favourite popcorn and really low in calories too!).
I made sure that I was drinking lots of water (and tea!) along the way.
I think 8 hours of this fast was sleeping, which made the beginning (the hardest part in my opinion) easier, because I couldn't be tempted to eat anything at all because I was asleep.

yes, I love Audrey Hepburn, way more than I
would like to admit, she is my idol.
Then, the first 5 hours after I woke up I didn't feel hungry at all and I got too complacent, thinking 'This will be fine, I won't feel hungry at all!'... How wrong I was... So at 1pm, my tummy started rumbling and I started to feel really lightheaded, but I thought of these quotes.















So it got easier, then I started to count down more, I thought that working out how long I had left would help curb my problem and my cravings. Which it really did.

By 6:30 I was so happy to know that I did a 24 hour fast and did it successfully. I struggled at times and yes there were moments when I thought that it could be easier to eat and get this over with, but really I would be cheating myself by eating.

It just goes to show that a bit of positivity and some discipline really go a long way.
Honestly, I would love to see if I could fast for a longer time next time I fast.
I am aiming to fast every Friday evening through to Saturday, as that is the best time for me to do it and I would love to see if I could even get to 48 hours without eating by next Sunday, but we will see when we get there and I will keep you updated!

Stay strong, Stay positive my lovelies!


No comments:

Post a Comment